Helping you make the most of your time!
10 tips for better time management
At time, we are always asked how we organise ourselves and service all of our clients, given that we have many clients each day requesting several different jobs carried out. Our clients are always amazed and impressed at how we organise their lives for them, and how we fit all of their jobs in our daily schedules.
But that is what we do, and saving you your time is our speciality, and hopefully by following our top 10 tips, this will enable you to be more organised with your daily chores whether social, work or home related.
From setting up domestic services such as cleaning, dry cleaning, laundry, ironing and steam cleaning, running errands and waiting in for deliveries to organising various suppliers such as electricians, plumbers, builders, interior designers and chauffeurs, it’s all in a day’s work for the time team, we have to be organised and here’s how we do it!
Our advice is basic time management – keep it simple.
Here are our top 10 tips for better time management
- Start with a daily “to-do” list – this way you can view your jobs at-a-glance.
- Plan ahead and write everything down which you have to accomplish including timescales in your day book – this will add so much more clarity.
- Prioritise all of your tasks – important tasks always first. This will give you the confidence and energy to continue, and ticks things off in bite sized chunks.
- Tick off the jobs as and when they have been completed – giving you a sense of accomplishment.
- Carry forward your uncompleted jobs to the next day and remember to date the page – this allows you to see what you have completed.
- Remain calm and focused and do not procrastinate – this will help with your mindset and get your “to-do list” done faster.
- Remember to take a break from your “to-do” list and congratulate yourself – this will enable you to step outside of the box and see what you have accomplished.
- Learn to delegate and personal outsource – this will save you time in trying to carry out jobs you cannot do, some things need to be left to the professionals!
- Don’t put too much pressure on yourself – this is the reason why is it important to set yourself goals and prioritise.
10. Allow yourself the time to think things through – next time this job will be easier!
Hopefully, by using our time top 10 tips this will help you, but of course if all else fails, and you really do have not have the time or inclination to carry out your jobs, contact time!